At the start of the New Year, many of us make resolutions to improve how we look and feel. People start diets, join a gym, and take similar steps toward self improvement. As your dentist, we’d love to help you improve your dental health – and your overall health too – in 2023.
If you need to make an appointment to visit our Houston office, call Copperfield Dentistry at 281-643-0316. In the meantime, check out five resolutions you can make to look and feel better this year:
- Replace Missing Teeth – Losing teeth can have a devastating effect on your smile. You’ll have an unsightly gap that makes you feel self-conscious. Plus nearby teeth can shift out of place, causing problems with your bite alignment. You’ll also lose bone density in your jaw, which can make you look older. Fortunately you’ll find several ways of replacing teeth at our office. Dental implants are the gold standard, as they will prevent this bone loss that can prematurely age you. They can also be used to replace any number of teeth. If implants aren’t right for you, though, you can choose a bridge or dentures instead.
- Get Regular Exams and Cleanings – With a busy schedule, it can be tempting to skip regular exams and cleanings. Please don’t though!. You should visit us every six months for these services. They are essential in keeping your smile in good shape. We’ll remove the built-up plaque and bacteria that causes decay and gum disease. We’ll also be able to identify problems like cavities in their earliest stages when they are simple and inexpensive to treat.
- Stop Smoking – We’ll join your physician in encouraging you to quit smoking. It negatively affects your health in so many ways, including your oral health. Smokers are more susceptible to many dental problems, including dry mouth and gum disease. Not to mention, smoking leads to unattractive staining and bad breath. We’re happy to offer suggestions that may help. Try chewing sugarless gum or sucking on sugar-free candy.
- Treat Your TMJ Disorder – If you wake with an aching jaw and have persistent headaches and muscle pain, you may have a TMJ disorder. Don’t keep suffering! We can treat this condition using an oral appliance called an NTI-tss. You wear it while sleeping. It prevents teeth grinding and jaw clenching, two habits often associated with TMJ problems.
- Straighten Crooked Teeth – If your teeth are crooked, it’s likely bothered you for years. Why not make 2023 the year you correct the problem? In many cases you can straighten teeth with Invisalign, a metal-free and nearly invisible alternative to braces. As an added incentive, we are currently offering $500 off Invisalign treatment.
Ready to look and feel better? We’d love to help you improve your dental health! Call us now at 281-643-0316 for an appointment. If you’re a new patient, ask about our special offer of $100 of your operative treatment.