A healthy smile doesn’t just happen. You have to work at it with daily brushing and flossing and routine dental cleanings and exams in Houston, TX. Dr. Jacob Burch at Copperfield Dentistry brings years of training, experience, and passion to our modern practice so you get the quality, comprehensive general dentistry services you need for a lifetime of great oral health.Doctor Jacob Burch on Dental Cleanings and Exams Read Transcript
Regular dental care and dental practice is very important. It's said that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, and that's true for dentistry. If we spend a lot of time between appointments, a lot of times we can have problems that start off small, but they grow and fester and continue until now it's become more of a major problem. If we can catch problems while they're small, then we can fix them before they turn into major issues. So for our patients that come in on a regular schedule, have their teeth cleaned regularly, have regular exam and X-rays, it's easier to pick up on those little things while they're little.
When you visit us every six months for cleanings and exams, we will make sure to:
- Remove plaque and tartar buildup from your teeth and gums
- Thoroughly check your mouth for decay, cavities, and gum disease
- Offer tips and tools for better oral hygiene at home
- Screen you for oral cancer periodically
- Allow plenty of time to answer your questions about your dental care
We’re excited to help you achieve and maintain healthy teeth and gums for a lifetime! Call us today at 281-643-0316 to request an appointment.
Prevent Cavities & Other Problems With Preventive Dentistry
Removing plaque and tartar buildup from your teeth protects you against many oral health threats, but we do so much more than clean your teeth and examine your mouth to keep your smile healthy!
Seeing you every six months for dental checkups also gives us a chance to detect and treat dental problems while they’re small and manageable. This helps you avoid complicated, costly treatments down the road.
Along with that, you can take advantage of other preventive dentistry services we offer:
- Dental Sealants – Preventing tooth decay can be especially challenging for the hard-to-reach molars in the back of your mouth. To keep bacteria from collecting in the rough crevices in those teeth, we can apply dental sealants as a shield against cavities.
- Fluoride Treatments – Fluoride treatments and varnishes help to rebuild your tooth enamel, making it stronger and more protected against microscopic damage and harmful bacteria. We can also send you home with prescription-strength fluoridated toothpaste to boost your oral care regimen at home!
- Oral Cancer Screenings – Part of your comprehensive dental care with us includes periodic oral cancer screenings using early detection technology.
Trust Dr. Burch and our team for comprehensive, high-quality dental cleanings and exams in Houston, TX! Call Copperfield Dentistry at 281-643-0316 or to make an appointment.