For many people, wisdom teeth erupt sometime between ages 17 and 25 with no problems. For others, however, these teeth can become impacted or risk doing damage to other teeth. If you need wisdom teeth removal in Houston, there’s often no need to go to a specialist. Dr. Burch can handle most cases right here. Copperfield Dentistry offers you:Doctor Jacob Burch on wisdom tooth removal Read Transcript
Here in this office, we also do wisdom tooth removals. In most cases, we don't need to refer to a specialist called an oral surgeon. I've had advanced training in general dentistry and a lot of experience with removing wisdom teeth. Some patients choose to have their wisdom teeth removed with just getting numb, traditionally. Some patients prefer to have sedation. We have different sedation options ranging from (inaudible), or laughing gas, to oral sedation, where patients just take pills to become sedated. Also, I am certified to perform IV sedation, and that helps with patient comfort as well to have those wisdom teeth removed.
- A compassionate staff and seasoned dentist with years of experience
- Your choice from three relaxing sedation options
- Care using advanced dental equipment like digital X-rays, 3-D imaging, and intraoral cameras
- Amenities that include cozy blankets, overhead TVs, and headphones
Leave Everything to Us For a Comfortable Procedure
To make your care as comfortable as possible, we offer you three levels of sedation to choose from:
- Nitrous Oxide – Laughing gas will give you a warm, tingly feeling of euphoria all over. Afterward, you’ll feel like yourself again in no time.
- Oral Conscious Sedation – Using an FDA-approved pill you take before your extraction, you’ll remain awake but completely relaxed.
- IV Sedation – With this form of sedation, most patients feel like they have been asleep and do not remember much about the procedure.
Eliminate the Hassle of Seeing a Specialist For Wisdom Teeth Extraction
Your wisdom teeth, or “third molars,” usually make their appearance in your late teen years. You may be one of the people for whom these teeth cause no issues. However, many people need to have these teeth removed.
Wisdom teeth can present a number of problems, including:
- Coming in under your other teeth
- Emerging at the wrong angle
- Causing crowding in your mouth
- Partially erupting and making good oral hygiene difficult
In most cases, Dr. Burch can safely remove impacted wisdom teeth without referring you to a specialist. There are some cases that Dr. Burch does not feel comfortable removing, and in those cases, we would refer you to a trusted oral surgeon. We also do consultations for wisdom teeth extractions. Bring any images you already have of your teeth for a free consultation, or we can take additional images here at the office.
If you need wisdom teeth removal in Houston, call the experts at Copperfield Dentistry today at 281-643-0316 or . We’ll help you keep smiling brightly!