- Reverse gum disease gently with laser therapy
- Preserve the structural stability of your teeth
- Protect your overall health from gum disease infection
Don’t let gum disease steal your smile or put your overall health at risk! Visit Dr. Burch at Copperfield Dentistry for gum disease treatment in Houston, TX.Doctor Jacob Burch on gum disease treatment Read Transcript
Doctor Jacob Burch on gum disease treatment
Gum disease, or periodontal disease, is something that's very prevalent among Americans. In fact, a lot of people have it and they don't even know that they have it. So it's important to have routine cleanings and checkups because we're able to essentially measure and monitor the health of the gums. And if gum disease is developing, we can try to get on top of it and try to help maintain as much healthy bone level as possible. The more regularly patients are keeping track of it and staying on top of it, the more likely they are to keep their teeth for the remainder of their life.
We use advanced dental lasers to:
- Restore healthy gum tissue
- Prevent bone deterioration and tooth loss
- Reduce your risk for diabetes, heart disease, and other health problems
- Give your gums a healthy pink glow again
Restore your gum health now! Call us today at 281-643-0316 to schedule gum disease treatment in Houston, TX.
Stop Gum Disease in Its Tracks
Gum disease starts when bad bacteria inside your mouth collects in the tiny spaces between teeth and gums. Your body’s natural healing properties will break down your gum tissues and jawbone in order to fight it.
If the infection progresses, the structural stability of your teeth is jeopardized, which is why gum disease is the leading cause of adult tooth loss. That’s why your routine dental cleanings and exams are so vital. It’s the best chance you have to catch gum disease early, stop it in its tracks, and ultimately, reverse it.
Our gum disease treatment at Copperfield Dentistry is gentle and effective. We may rely on scaling and root planing and an antibiotic called ARESTIN® to deeply clean under your gumline and smooth the roots of your teeth so your gums can reattach to them.
Dr. Burch also uses a dental laser to carefully remove infected gum tissue, a groundbreaking method that offers several benefits:
- Comfort – Laser gum therapy is virtually painless as a noninvasive process.
- Faster Healing – Dental lasers eliminate the need for cutting and suturing, which means a more pleasant treatment experience and faster healing.
- Less Risk of Infection – Because of their high-energy light beam, dental lasers allow us to sterilize your gums and reduce your risk for future infection.
Once you’ve been treated for gum disease, we may recommend that you visit us more frequently, usually about every three to four months, to make sure your gums stay healthy.
Know the Signs of Gum Disease
Some people make the mistake of thinking it’s normal for gums to bleed when brushing or flossing their teeth. But that’s not the case at all! It’s actually one of the most obvious signs of gum disease.
Knowing what to look for in between your routine dental appointments can help you stay on top of it and treat it sooner. Call us right away if you start noticing any of these symptoms:
- Bleeding, red, or swollen gums
- Gum soreness or tenderness
- Loose or shifting teeth
- Persistent bad breath
Reclaim your oral health with gum disease treatment in Houston. Call us at 281-643-0316 or to make an appointment.