Getting your child started early with a good dental regimen is important for ensuring they maintain a lifetime of healthy smiles. Copperfield Dentistry would love to be a part of your child’s dental visit in Houston. Here are a few things you and your little one will enjoy about our practice:Doctor Jacob Burch on your child's first dental visit Read Transcript
Depending on the child's age will depend on what we're able to do here in the office. So for very, very, very young children and babies, the idea is just to get them used to the dental office. We'll try to see if we can get them to open, see if I can look at their teeth. A lot of times, we'll have them sit on their mother's lap while I look in their mouth, just so they can feel comfortable, and we can just try to get a catch on anything if something's happening early. A lot of it also is education for the parents, helping them know how to care for their children's teeth. As the children mature, they're able to do more and more things, and as soon as the children are able to sit still and open their mouth, we are able to clean their teeth thoroughly, are able to do more comprehensive exams, and we're able to treat their needs as they arise.
- We open at 7 a.m. most weekdays if you want an early appointment.
- We have a kids’ area in our lobby with a TV and other entertainment.
- We offer longer appointment times if needed so you and your child will never feel rushed.
- We use advanced technology like digital X-rays and intraoral cameras.
- We offer several patient amenities like blankets, TVs, and headphones.
Call us today to schedule your child’s dentist appointment: 281-643-0316. Our office is located at 7825 Hwy. 6 N., Suite 109, across the street from Burger King and catercornered from Bank of America.
Give Your Child Excellent Dental Care
We love to see kids in our office! Our whole staff loves taking the time to show our tiny patients how to maintain bright, happy smiles. Dr. Burch can start seeing your children at age 3. At these early dental appointments, he and our team will:
- Examine their mouth, teeth, and gums to check for proper development and make sure there are no problems
- Take a set of X-rays, if needed, for a closer look at their teeth roots and bones
- Evaluate them for potentially harmful habits such as thumb sucking and offer helpful advice
- Clean their teeth if needed, and recommend fluoride treatment and other services if they would benefit from them
- Teach them how to properly clean their teeth and gums
- Schedule their next regular dental visit
Keep Your Child’s Smile Looking Its Best
As your child gets older, we offer many other types of dental care that can help keep their smile healthy and looking its best. Below are just a few of these:
- Restorative dentistry such as tooth-colored fillings
- Invisalign orthodontics to correct their crooked teeth
- Oral surgery including wisdom teeth removal
- Sedation dentistry options if they’re nervous about their treatment
Your child’s dental visit in Houston can be a wonderful experience for both of you. Call Copperfield Dentistry today at 281-643-0316 to set up this important appointment, or .