All of us at Copperfield Dentistry want you to know that it’s OK if you’re nervous about visiting the dentist. Many people experience dental anxiety, so you’re definitely not alone if you do, too. To help our nervous patients, we offer several Houston sedation options that will make your treatment more pleasant. In addition, our office features:Doctor Jacob Burch on Sedation Options Read Transcript
We have a lot of ways that we make dentistry more comfortable for our anxious patients. One is our demeanor. We have a very calm setting, calm environment, that helps people settle down quickly. If that's not enough, we have several levels of sedation that we offer for our patients.
One is (inaudible), or laughing gas, so that's one that patients can use, and as soon as they're done with the procedure, they recover from it almost immediately. They can drive themselves home. It's a very good option for people that have some mild anxiety.
I also perform oral sedation, so people can take some pills. It helps them feel sleepy and helps them feel relaxed and comfortable. A lot of times it makes it so people don't remember much about the procedure.
And then also I am one of few general dentists that performs IV sedation. There are certain requirements and certifications for that, and I am able to perform IV sedation right here in my office, and that's really good for patients that have anxiety as well. I can just bring them into our office, put them in the chair, start an IV, and then it just helps them feel relaxed and comfortable.
Most patients feel like they're asleep, and most patients don't remember much about the procedure, so it's a really good option for a lot of patients that we have with anxiety.
- Advanced, patient-friendly technology that ensures comfortable care
- Amenities like soft blankets, TVs, and headphones
- A compassionate staff who will listen to your concerns and answer your questions
- A skilled dentist, Dr. Burch, who has over a decade of experience helping patients relax
We invite you to experience relaxing dental care here. Call us at 281-643-0316 today to schedule your appointment. We open at 7 a.m. four days a week. Some patients feel less anxiety if they can visit our office early in the morning.
Feel Calm With the Right Kind of Relaxation For Your Anxiety Level
- Nitrous Oxide – Nitrous oxide, or laughing gas, is a sweet-smelling gas that will give you a head-to-toe feeling of relaxation in a few short minutes. Soon, the thought of dental care won’t bother you at all. Afterward, you’ll be able to drive yourself home with no problem.
- Oral Conscious Sedation – For a deeper level of sedation, Dr. Burch can prescribe a small anti-anxiety pill that you’ll take as directed ahead of your treatment. By the time you’re seated in our chair, you’ll be relaxed and at ease. You’ll need a trusted friend or family member to drive you home after your appointment.
- IV Sedation – Dr. Burch is licensed to administer intravenous sedation, our strongest type of sedation. Most patients feel like they have been asleep and do not remember much about the procedure. Someone will need to drive you home after your visit.
Come in soon and be treated to a different kind of dentistry using our Houston sedation options. Call the team at Copperfield Dentistry today at 281-643-0316, or .