A healthy smile can’t be achieved by brushing and flossing alone. You also need routine care from a skilled dentist. If you’re fearful of dental treatment, find help with relieving dental anxiety in Houston, TX.Doctor Jacob Burch on relieving dental anxiety Read Transcript
So here in our office, it's really important for us to try to help anxious patients feel comfortable. One is just with our demeanor. We try to relate with patients, try to understand where they're coming from, try to help them feel at ease. For patients that have a little more anxiety, we also can include sedation options. We have (inaudible), or laughing gas, that can help take the edge off, help patients feel less anxious.
I also perform oral sedation, which is where patients take pills here in the office. That helps them to be more relaxed and more comfortable. Some patients don't remember much about the procedure, just depending on how they react. I also perform IV sedation, which is unusual for a general dentist, so requires a lot of extra training. But I am one of those general dentists in the area that is certified to perform IV sedation. So that also helps take the edge off for patients that have a little bit more anxiety.
Our compassionate team will go out of our way to make you feel at home during appointments. At our practice, you’ll find:
- A Friendly Staff – You’ll be treated like family by our warm, friendly staff who will put your comfort first.
- Time and Attention – We allow longer appointment times and will stop to give you a break when needed. We’ll also thoroughly explain your treatment plan and answer any questions you may have.
- Comfort Amenities – Cozy up with a blanket, listen to relaxing music, and practice our helpful calming techniques to distract you during treatment.
- Dental Sedation – We offer three levels of dental sedation to suit your comfort needs and your treatment plan.
- Semi-Private Rooms – If you’re embarrassed about your oral health, our semi-private rooms can help alleviate that stress.
- Advanced Technology – If fear of painful treatment has kept you away from the dentist, you’ll be happy to discover how much advanced technology has changed the patient experience! From digital X-rays to dental lasers, procedures are less invasive and more comfortable.
Don’t let dental fear control your oral health! Talk to us about how we can make you feel more comfortable during your appointments. Call us today at 281-643-0316 to ask any questions or to arrange a visit to Copperfield Dentistry.
Change Your Treatment Experience With Dental Sedation
Even with our caring, friendly staff and comfort amenities, you may need more help feeling relaxed during dental procedures. That’s where dental sedation can be tremendously helpful for fearful, anxious patients.
Dr. Burch has extensive training in sedation dentistry and can offer three forms of intervention to suit your needs:
- Nitrous Oxide – Nitrous oxide, or laughing gas, is an easy way to take the edge off if you’re feeling slightly nervous about your procedure. It’s safe for all ages, takes immediate effect, and wears off quickly so your treatment goes more smoothly.
- Oral Sedation – We can prescribe a pill that you take prior to your appointment to calm your nerves and relax your body, yet still allow you to communicate with our dentist and staff as needed. Oral sedation requires you to arrange transportation to and from your appointment.
- IV Sedation – This is the strongest form of sedation reserved for especially fearful patients or those who require multiple treatments or longer procedures. Dr. Burch will be able to monitor the amount of medication being administered and can reverse it if necessary. It puts you in a sleeplike state and is a safe, effective strategy for overcoming dental anxiety.
Regain control of your oral health by letting us help you with relieving dental anxiety in Houston, TX! Call Copperfield Dentistry today at 281-643-0316 to schedule a stress-free appointment.