Just as you have a primary care doctor to manage your overall health — provide annual checkups, see you when you are sick or otherwise unwell, and refer you to a specialist if needed — you should have a provider who fills a similar role in your oral health care. That would be the job of a general dentist.
Dr. Burch of Copperfield Dentistry is a general dentist who is trained to take care of the oral health of you and every member of your family — children and adults.
If you are due for your twice-yearly checkup, call our Houston, TX office at 281-643-0316 or fill out our online form. We will get back to you promptly.
As a general dentist, preventive dentistry is our bread and butter. These are the twice yearly cleanings and exams that every patient needs for good oral health. Here is what you can expect at each checkup:
- A thorough professional cleaning by a skilled hygienist. With our special tools and training, we can remove cavity-causing plaque and tartar that’s tough to remove at home. Once your teeth are clean, we will polish them up with a special abrasive toothpaste.
- An examination by Dr. Burch. Dr. Burch will be able to detect problems such as tooth decay and gum disease in their very early stages, well before you’ve noticed anything is wrong. This enables us to get started on treatment while issues are still small and relatively simple and non-invasive to fix.
- Generally once a year, we will examine your mouth with low-radiation digital X-rays. X-rays detect problems that we can’t see with our eyes, such as cysts, tumors, bone problems, and impacted teeth.
- Preventative measures such as fluoride treatments and sealants.
No matter how well you take care of your teeth, you may be in need of restorative treatments at some point. These are the procedures that enable us to bring decayed or otherwise damaged teeth back to health.
- Fillings. This is the most common restorative dentistry procedure we perform. If you have a cavity, we will have to remove areas of decay and replace them with a filling. Fillings may be made of metal (amalgam) or a composite resin material that matches your natural tooth color.
- Crowns. If you have more extensive tooth damage due to decay, repeated dental procedures, a root canal, or trauma to the tooth, you may need a dental crown, or cap, placed over your tooth.
- Bridges and Dentures. If you have missing teeth, we offer traditional bridges and dentures to fill in the gaps in your smile.
- Dental Implants. Dental implants are the gold-standard tooth replacement option. Because they are anchored into your jawbone, they look and function like real teeth.
If you are unhappy with the appearance of your smile, we offer cosmetic dentistry procedures to restore its luster and beauty.
- Cosmetic teeth whitening
- Enamel reshaping
- Dental Veneers
- Tooth bonding
To learn more about what we offer at Copperfield Dentistry or to get your next appointment in the books, call our Houston area office at 281-643-0316 or get in touch through our online form.